On May 14, 2012, I made possibly one of the biggest (and BEST!) decisions of my 32 years on this planet. I had just lost my mother to cancer. I was fat. I was depressed. I was lost. I decided that it was time to do something about my weight. I was scared, though. Exercise was not my friend and I was worried that I would be hungry all of the time. I dove in head first, needing something to distract me from the pain in my heart. I wasn’t even sure if I would last a week, but here I am a whole year later, and I’m still going strong.
Here are my stats as of today!
STARTING WEIGHT: 332 POUNDS
CURRENT WEIGHT: 241.6 POUNDS
DIFFERENCE: –90.4 POUNDS
LOSS PERCENTAGE: 27.23%
GOAL WEIGHT: 150 POUNDS
91.6 POUNDS LEFT UNTIL GOAL WEIGHT!
One thing I regret not doing is tracking inches lost. I recently started doing this, but I wish I’d started a year ago…it’d be really interesting to see the results!
I made a promise to myself that by today, I would have a list of 25 things that have changed with me in the last year. Compiling this list has shown me that not all the changes associated with a big weight loss are physical. I am a totally different person inside and out.
Now I am going to share my list with you!
25 Ways That My Life Has Changed in One Year
1. My CONFIDENCE!
2. My pants size (28 down to 18).
3. My shirt size (30/32 down to 18/20).
4. I can run!
5. I am running in my first 5k race in 5 days.
6. I am no longer tired all of the time.
7. (TMI) My periods are now every month instead of every two months.
8. I can wear clothing from stores that I never used to be able to.
9. I am in better shape now than I was 15 years ago when I graduated high school.
10. My stomach doesn’t touch the table in booths at restaurants.
11. I love having my photo taken.
12. Daily tasks (laundry, dishes, general cleaning) don’t wear me out.
13. My family is eating better and are more active.
14. I can fit into a seat at the movies without touching the arm rests.
15. Buying clothing can be fun when you don’t have to look for the biggest size.
16. My skin looks great.
17. I love exercising!
18. I am happier.
19. I am more active in my children’s lives.
20. I find that I enjoy healthy foods and love trying new things.
21. I push myself so much harder than I ever have before.
22. I have a new appreciation for life that I never had before.
23. I am proud to be who I am.
24. I now know that I can to anything that I set my mind to.
25. While I’m not at my goal just yet, I am now confident that I will reach it. When I started this journey,
it was on a whim and I wasn’t even sure that I’d be able to stick with it for a week. Now it’s been a year
and I’ve lost 90 pounds. I know I can do it…no matter how long it takes!
Now for photos!
How crazy is this?! I tell you, it feels amazing to not be carrying around all that extra weight! I’m super excited to see what I look like in another year!
Thanks for following my journey thus far!